Dried beef & green onion ranch cheese ball. The process does not involve any complicated stuff or ingredients. As long as you have the right drying device, you can do this recipe anytime you want. Although it is a time-consuming process, the end product is very rewarding.
No smoke flavoring is added, so all you taste is natural smoked flavor. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour all at once to form a roux. You can have Dried beef & green onion ranch cheese ball using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dried beef & green onion ranch cheese ball
- You need 2-8 oz of packages of cream cheese (softened).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ranch seasoning mix.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried beef (minced).
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced green onions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 tablespoon of worstichire sauce.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
Ideal for today's health-conscious people who are looking for low-fat food. Great for your favorite recipes, serve it cold in appetizers, sandwiches, or salads. Dried Beef is a slowly cured, lean beef which is trimmed of most fat to attain ultimate leanness. Chipped beef is a form of pressed, salted and dried beef that has been sliced into thin pieces.
Dried beef & green onion ranch cheese ball step by step
- Mix cream cheese, worstichire, ranch seasoning and garlic powder until throughly blended..
- Mix in shredded cheese, dried beef and green onions..
- Lay out 2- 12 inch pieces of plastic wrap on the counter making a cross shape and scoop the mixture in the center. Wrap it with the plastic wrap making a ball shape. Refrigerate 2 hours then unwrap and serve on a place with crackers, pretzels or veggies..
Some makers smoke the dried beef for more flavor. The modern product consists of small, thin, flexible leaves of partially dried beef, generally sold compressed together in jars or flat in plastic packets. The processed meat producer Hormel once described it as "an air-dried product that is similar. In large casserole dish, place a layer of dried beef slices, slightly overlapping each other. Wrap a slice of bacon around each chicken breast and place on top of dried beef.