Instant Pot Beef Caldereta.
You can cook Instant Pot Beef Caldereta using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Beef Caldereta
- You need 2 lbs of beef chuck; cut into 2” chunks.
- You need of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic; minced.
- You need 3/4 of ths of an onion; minced.
- Prepare 8 oz of can Tomato Sauce.
- You need of Beef stock.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 of carrots; cut into chunks.
- You need 3 of red potatoes; cut into chunks.
- It’s 11 of mini bell peppers.
- Prepare 4.25 oz of Liver Spread.
- It’s 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare of Peas.
Instant Pot Beef Caldereta instructions
- Start by marinating your beef in soy sauce and some black pepper. Shouldn’t be soaking in soy; just so they aren’t red anymore..
- Turn your instant pot on to sauté mode on high. Add some oil to lightly coat the bottom. Sear your meat on all sides. Set aside in a bowl..
- Add your onions and garlic to the instant pot and sauté until translucent..
- Add your meat back in with all the juices, tomato sauce, bay leaves, and fill with beef broth until it just covers the meat. Set your IP to manual – high pressure – 30 mins..
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, pan-fry your potatoes, carrots, and bell pepper until they show some color. Set aside..
- Quick release when ready, then add in your pre-sautéed veggies from step 5, brown sugar, and (start with) half a can of liver spread. Gradually add more to your liking. Hit the cancel button, then press sauté again on high. Simmer this until the mixture reduces ~10-15 more mins..
- Don’t forget to add in however many peas you like! And that my friends, is Filipino beef stew. Enjoy!.